- Longer--it lowers the risk of heart disease.
- Longer--it lowers the risk of diabetes and reduces the amount of medications necessary once you have diabetes.
- Healthier--it appears to reduce risk of certain cancers.
- Healthier--it may reduce incidence of Alzheimer's.
- Happier--well the happier supposition is all mine. But it stands to reason that if you are losing weight and looking better, it should make you happier.
|From the Harvard Food Pyramid|
Personally, the hardest thing for me to incorporate these dietary changes is the lack of a really good cookbook. So far, I've bought three and they are not "basic" enough. I want a Julia Child of Mediterranean cooking. Less recipe, more basics followed by recipes. THEN it would be easier to "think Mediterranean" with future meals. In the meantime I did find a great website for that purpose (except the print is TOO small!). I'm such a visual thinker.
With the beautiful weather outside right now and spring plants coming up from the ground, I can't help but push the exercise button. I'm out there and hope to see you as well!